I do love to make cakes but love it even more when I don’t have to try to actually bake them! That’s why I like this Mars Bar Cake recipe so much.
What you’ll need:
4 Mars Bars
4oz (100g) Margarine
4 oz (100g) Rice Krispies
9oz (225g) Milk Chocolate
10” Square Cake Tin
1. Chop the 4 Mars Bars into small chunks
2. Put the margarine and Mars Bars into a saucepan and melt them until there are no lumps.
3. Add the Rice Krispies to the saucepan and stir them until they are evenly coated.
4. Put the mixture in your square tin and cool in the fridge for about an hour or until solid.
5. Once the mixture is cooled, melt the milk chocolate over a pan of boiling water on the hob in a bowl and stir until smooth.
6. Pour the melted chocolate over the cake and put back into the fridge to solidify.
7. Once solid, remove the cake from the tin (by sliding a knife around the edges and carefully turning the tin upside down)
8. Cut into fingers or squares and enjoy!
For some reason I didn’t get around to taking a photo of the finished product but I can tell you it tasted lovely (not my own words!) Hope you like it.
I went on a walk yesterday. Woooooh, yes let’s just get over that first. A proper walk, in a woods, with a dog.
I say it was a wood. It was a small collection of trees that is a poor example of a ‘wood’ but still, there were trees so I guess it counts.
I went with my mum’s best friends’ daughters. Having no sisters of my own (boo for brothers) these two girls are my honourary little sisters and I do love spending time with them. Anyway, me and Amy, the youngest, had great fun climbing up trees; climbing into streams; getting stuck in streams; having to be rescued from streams etc.
After running around WAY more than the dog, we went to have afternoon tea at an adorable tea room (and play on their obstacle course) where conversation turned to things I used to do with them when they were little, one of which was make mud pies. They’d always be really upset when they couldn’t eat them so I invented this little recipe to keep them happy. After a little reminiscing I remade them today:
1) Melt 250g of plain chocolate in a bowl over a simmering saucepan
2) When all the chocolate is melted, remove from heat and add drops of peppermint (to taste. I like mine really pepperminty so use 7 or 8 drops)
3) Stir in handfuls of rice crispies until you have your desired consistency; I like mine with quite a lot of chocolate left on its own
4) Spoon onto baking parchment and put into the fridge for 20 minutes to set
5) Take a very off-putting photo of your father pulling a face while eating them